A US-based manufacturer, established in the mid-20th century was at crossroads. Like David in an industry of global Goliaths, it found itself being buffeted by external vectors like increasing product and service commoditization, process automation, and declining premiums.
Navikenz helped create strategic clarity and renewed momentum with its Organization Transformation Framework. The company leaders were able to define core competence, set up an ambitious vision, and back it up with operational choices that combined to create an exciting proposition for its chosen customer segments.
The CEO and owner of an independent and privately-owned mid-scale manufacturer reached out to Navikenz for a conversation. Her company was being buffeted by external vectors like increasing product and service commoditization, process automation, and declining premiums and macro-economic changes. Her key questions: How to bring greater control and clarity to our operations? How can we better take charge of where we are heading?
This respected manufacturer of high-precision, mission-critical components, has a global customer base across multiple industries, including very harsh environments like offshore oil and gas rigs. It designs, assembles, and ships from its manufacturing facility in the USA. Since its inception in the mid-20th century, the company has focused on personalized customer service and high quality, delivered through deep, trusting relationships. Its experienced and stable leadership team takes immense pride in the company’s legacy and upholds its values.
- Purpose: What is the unique value that the company brings to the world?
- Strategy: What are the possible company-wide strategic choices that can lead to consistent and significant revenue growth in the near future?
- Structure: How will the leadership be empowered to make decisions that are aligned with the strategy? How will the responsibilities be delegated?
- Culture: What ties the company together? What is it that we are proud of and why? What is in the culture will make the strategy successful?
- Execution: What are the key metrics, who is responsible for them, and how are they empowered (through structure and culture) to manage them?
Navikenz Organizational Transformation Framework
With clarity on the questions to answer, Navikenz implemented its seven-step Organizational Transformation Framework to help the organization transition into a strategically driven and more focused entity.
The steps are designed to ensure that leadership teams build alignment and change acceptance before starting their journey. The Navikenz engagement model ensures that the company remains in control of the pace of change.